- Is solution-oriented
- Focuses on the present and future
- Allows the client to set her goals
- Does not delve into the past or stay focused in the past
(A brief overview of the past may be helpful in understanding the client’s present situation)
- Does not diagnose a client and is not mental health treatment
- Looks at the client’s strengths
- Is for clients who are motivated to make necessary changes in their lives and can benefit from a coach who will keep them accountable and offer encouragement
- Allows the coach to share personal life experiences if it will benefit the client
If I determine that counseling would be beneficial during the tenure of the coaching relationship, a referral will be made in the best interest of the client.
Coaching is not a substitute for counseling.
Please click here to download my coaching Discovery Agreement.